May 1, 2012

Red Velvet Cupcakes for a Graduation party !

I'm feeling so proud of these Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream cheese frosting which  I baked last weekend. They were made for my friends's friend's Graduation Party .

She had no specific requirements except that I bake a cake for her party. I have seen several graduation themed cupcakes earlier and I suggested to go with individual cupcakes and she was happy about that. Finally after having thought for over a week regarding which flavor would go well, I decided on Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream cheese frosting! Who wouldn't love that? ;-)
And of course, to go along with the theme of the graduation party, I wanted to jazz up the cupcakes a bit by making cute looking graduation hats and diplomas to go on top of the cupcakes, and I must say, they were a bit of hard work , but soooooo much fun!!! ;-)
My neighbour (who is also a good friend of mine), with whom I've shared a few of my cakes, really liked them and she suggested that her friend ask me to bake for her. I must say I'm more than thrilled to have done this for her friend and it has really made me explore the more creative side in me!!
                             
I left the cupcakes in plain white cupcake liners to show out the bright red color and delivered them in small cupcake boxes with some really cute HomeMade stickers stuck on them ;-)

This was definitely a really fun 'project' and will always be my favorite . My friend and her friend (for whom these cupcakes were made) , both mentioned that the cupcakes received a lot of compliments and tasted very flavorful and moist.
I will post in detail the recipe for the Red velvet cakes and Cream cheese frosting in a later post!
Hope you enjoyed them as much as I did....more later!! ;-)

You can check out recipe for the red velvet cupcakes here.

Linking this post to:
1.  Lets Party- Desserts





-Manju

49 comments:

  1. Wow! this looks truly gorgeous! Love the detailing too! are the scrolls fondant? Lucky friend of friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This looks so yummy...very creative indeed...kudos...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...beautiful cupcakes dear...

    ReplyDelete
  4. The look perfect and so yumm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg, mindblowing cupcakes..Wat a lucky friend to have a beautiful soul like u..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marvelous cupcakes dear !! so pretty :) you are awesome girl made them so professional and your friend would be so happy !! loved them !!

    Ongoing event CC:Mom’s Recipe

    ReplyDelete
  7. I first thought I walked into a bakery/cake shop..You are fabulous ..becoming professional da..Keep rocking,no words to say..admire your hard work and they looks really cute..Perfect for graduation!!

    Join me in the ONGOING EVENTS-"Ginger & Pepper Corns/powder(EP Series-May) ,
    Show me Your HITS 'Iron Rich Foods'
    ERIVUM PULIYUM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-) Bakery-yo? :-) Thanks a lot dear for the lovely words!!

      Delete
  8. totally rocking! ur friend is so lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Manju those graduation caps are simply adorable and amazing!! Gorgeous cupcakes!! Well done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks so delicious.mouth watering.Perfectly done
    http://followfoodie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. graduation caps looks awesome. awesome decoration. looks superb

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW!! The cake looks so delicious and damn cute.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful job! I can see why they like these beautiful cupcakes so much!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wowww.. Yummy, looks so delicious, mouthwatering!!

    Lovely pics.. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hats off to ur patience n creativity...

    ReplyDelete
  16. lovely cupcakes..my gosh so beautifully clicked..could u plz give the recipe of cream cheese..plz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Suhani,
      Thank you so much for your compliments :-)

      I have posted the recipe for the cupcakes and cream cheese frosting here : http://manjuseatingdelights.blogspot.com/2012/05/red-velvet-cupcakes-with-cream-cheese.html

      -Manju

      Delete
  17. Oooh... that is just awesome and creativeness at its peak :).. lovely cakes!!!.. kudos to all you hard work behind it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Loved the graduation hats... wonderful pics.. Do visit my blog when free :)

    http://mykitchenfantasies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. your blog is such fun... these little cup cakes are better than graduation robe and certificate... they look like momentous :-) your artistic and i am sure you have a world of imagination to follow... A lovely blog happy to follow you... do visit me http://cooklikepriya.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  20. woooo BEAUTIFUL..!!!
    LOVE THE CLICK AND THE PRESENTATION IS AWESOME !

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think the outdoor locations for graduation party is best idea. What say?
    graduation party ideas
       

    ReplyDelete
  22. What did you use for the top of the cap? I see a reese's cup but what did you get for square chocolate? The look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  23. TAS@myadukala.blogspot.comMay 26, 2013 at 9:17 AM

    Hi Manju....u have such a lovely blog and such wonderful cakes 2...

    ReplyDelete
  24. hi dear

    luks lovely...

    how did u make the degree roll & red ribbon? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Momina,
      Thank you.
      I used vanilla tootsie rolls for the degree scrolls and strawberry flavored fruit leather or fruits rolls for the ribbons.
      Microwave the tootsie rolls for 3-5 secs (or until pliable), shape them into squares and roll them to form degree scrolls. Cut the fruit rolls into desired length and thickness and wrap them around the degree scrolls.

      Delete
  25. Thanks dear :)
    hey do we get this fruits rolls / leather in India?

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks dear :)
    hey do we get this fruits rolls / leather in India?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure where you would get it in India, sorry!

      Delete
    2. If you can't get fruit rolls, just use fondant or any red colored chocolate that can be shaped.

      Delete

Thank You so much for visiting here. I would love to hear from you , please leave a comment or suggestion and Hope to see you again !