Apr 18, 2012

Creamy & Peppery Cauliflower soup

This recipe has been long overdue , and to be honest I had forgotten that I had actually missed out on posting my very first course that I had served for my Valentines day dinner this February. For those who would like to take a peek at my V day dinner , check it out here.

I know I hav'nt been up-to-date with the blogging world for a small while now , but I'm always hoping that from next time on, I will be more regular ;-)
So how have you all been? I have lots of new ideas and recipes in mind which I hope I'll be able to share and also planning on some new design change for the blog as well as starting a facebook page.
All highly overdue , but better late than never right ?!! So hoping to meet and make friends with a lot of you once my facebook page is up.
I followed the exact recipe from Kankana's blog, but added more pepper to suit my craving for spicy food. It was really good, the only problem (not actually a problem as such) I faced was that for 2 people I felt the recipe was too much. I had plenty left over , but it did get over within 2 days. 

I din't get a chance to take a really good snap, so had to use whatever I took the night of the dinner.
I'm not planning on writing a long story , so straight up to this wonderful, creamy and  peppery soup.

Creamy & Peppery Cauliflower Soup Recipe
You'll need
2 tablespoons butter ( You can use Olive oil instead)
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, grated
1 bay leaf
1 small cauliflower, chopped
1 big potato, peeled and chopped
3 cups vegetable stock
2 cups milk ( I used skim milk)
1 tablespoons dried thyme
Salt - to taste
Fresh ground black pepper - 1-2 tblsp

Directions
1. In a saucepan, melt the butter in low heat and add onion, garlic, thyme and bay leaf to the saucepan.
2. Cook until the onion has softened. (should take about 5 minutes)
3. Then, add the cauliflower, potato, stock and milk. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Increase the heat to medium and let it cook for about 30 to 40 minutes, until the potato and cauliflower are softened.
5. Remove from heat, discard the bay leaf and puree the mixture using a food blender/processor.
6. Garnish it with some fried cauliflower and more ground black pepper.
Both of us really enjoyed the soup and the best part was that it was so thick and creamy and I had to use no cream.
Enjoy the rest of your day and see you again!!

-Manju

15 comments:

  1. A sure try. Looks great
    http://lavanyasrecipes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is looks very healthy and delicious soup.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know this was a delicious first course for your lovely dinner but I think it could be a meal on it's own, YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. creamy, with pepper combination...all I need is just few breads

    Deepa
    Hamaree Rasoi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, superb soup, love the creamy texture a lot...wish I have a bowl of this soup now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi manju,
    soup looks very delicious n yummy ...glad to visit ur blog...bookmarked some of ur collection along with this yummy soup...happy to follow u


    Super Yummy Recipes

    ReplyDelete
  7. First time here.Love your blog.
    Glad to follow you
    Check out my blog in your spare time
    http://followfoodie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do you Twitter?

    Love Antalya City? Love our blog? Then you'll love our Twitter!

    If you have a Twitter account, be sure to follow us: https://twitter.com/#!/AntalyaCityBlog

    Get the latest greatest travel news, style tips, dinner menus, and more...

    We will follow you back on Twitter!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks so yumm!! Wonderful combo and sure would have tasted good too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Creamy delicious soup... perfect soul food..!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Manju, this is my first time here and your creamy cauliflower soup looks delish! My husband is a soup person and this definitely on my list now! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks so creamy and yummy...nice soup Manju..

    ReplyDelete

Thank You so much for visiting here. I would love to hear from you , please leave a comment or suggestion and Hope to see you again !