Apr 7, 2013

Thai Vegetable Curry in Red Sauce - a guest post by Ramona


Hello everyone, hope you all had a great weekend. Ours was good as well, still a bit busy unpacking but much better. Atleast I can comfortably say now that my kitchen is all set and arranged well...yaay! 
I want to share some snaps and details of our housewarming function but that’ll have to wait until another post as I’m yet to get ample time to sit in front of my laptop. My little guy is absolutely enjoying the new house and always wants to be out on our backyard patio...apparently the cold and wind doesn't seem to bother him at all :-)

For today I want to welcome Ramona who blogs at Curry andComfort to share with us a gorgeous curry. I had stumbled upon Ramona’s blog rather by chance and I’ve never stopped going back. She shares a huge collection of yummy dishes (Veg and Non-veg), Cakes, Bakes and Desserts and her photography is mind blowing. She’s been a great friend and has never failed to share her thoughts on whatever I make and I adore her for that. You must check out her blog, it’s definitely worth the time spent, I promise.

 I love her Thai dishes and so I had requested that she share some Thai based dish for us all and how lovely does this Thai Vegetable Curry in Red Sauce look…let’s read ahead shall we? :-)
Hi Everyone,  My name is Ramona from the blog Curry and Comfort.  I was born in Sri Lanka, but grew up almost all my life in the United States.  I started blogging just 2 years ago and am so happy to have meet s many wonderful blogger friends, including Manju.  Manju is an amazing cook, but her cakes are completely delightful!! I am always highly impressed by her baking skills and she makes me want to bake more.  Since Manju is busy packing and moving homes, she asked if I would bring a little Thai curry stir fry to share here on her blog.  So I decided to make this Thai Style Vegetables in Red Curry Sauce.  I hope you enjoy.  

PS... This dish is not vegetarian since it does use fish sauce, but you can swap it out for soy sauce if you would like to keep it vegetarian.  
 
Ingredients:
1 large head of cauliflower cut into small florets
1-2 zucchini cut into half moons
1/2lb  cleaned green beans cut into 1 inch pieces
1 red bell pepper sliced
1 onion sliced
2 Tbs Thai Kitchen Red Curry Paste
2-3 Tbs fish sauce (or to taste)
whole dried red chili (optional)
1 inch ginger grated 
2-3 cloves garlic
1 (15oz) can coconut milk
1 large handful Thai Basil leaves 
1/2 tsp of brown sugar (optional) 
Toasted Almonds (optional)

Directions:
Heat 1 Tbs of canola oil in a large wok and add ginger, garlic, onion and whole dried chilies.  Saute for 1 minute.   Next add the Red chili paste and saute for another minute.

Then add the vegetables, fish sauce and coconut milk (and sugar if you desire). Cook until vegetables are to your desired texture.  Taste for seasoning.  Add fish sauce as needed for salt flavor.  If you want to make this vegetarian friendly, swap fish sauce for soy sauce.  Finish off with Thai basil leaves.  Toast sliced almonds in a pan and top dish. This final step is completely optional, but does add a nice crunch to the dish.  Serve over rice or noodles.  Enjoy. 
 


Thank you so much Ramona for sharing such a colorful and awesome dish. Now wasn't that such an easy dish? I love the addition of toasted almonds at the end. I'm definitely gonna try this and I do hope you all will as well.

So until next time, take care you all and enjoy your week ahead!

-Manju


18 comments:

  1. delicious, I am a great fan of Thai cuisine.. Now cant wait to see your fab kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe Jehan...my kitchen has yet some more beautification left to do...Until then....

      Delete
  2. nice guest post,tempting presentaion and clicks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Curry looks so tempting and flavorful

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Manju! Thanks for having me over at your blog. :) I hope everyone enjoys the dish!! I am so glad we did this. Have a great day.
    hugs,

    Ramona :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, glad to know one of my favourite blogger, love her space.

    Beautiful guest pot,Delicious and super attractive curry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow Delicious!!! am a great fan of Thai cuisine...Lovely guest post...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks yummy dear...great guest post,Manju & Ramona:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love Thai cuisine...this looks very delicious....grt job Manju and Ramona :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Delicious curry I love thai red curry a lot. Great post Manju and Ramona

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is one lovely veggie curry!!
    Looks colorful and just perfect. The toasted almond is a great idea.
    Awesome post Manju and Ramona!!
    Happy to follow you!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely post and my fav Thai dish looks super yummy.

    Happy to follow you now. You have a lovely space.

    ReplyDelete
  12. yummyyyy and mouthwatering Manju & Ramona!! Stunning pics :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi ! you have a nice blog with amazing clicks started following clicks . I have just started following you and it would be highly encouraging if you may follow me back.
    http://cookingwithsapana.blogspot.com
    Thanks
    Sapana

    ReplyDelete
  14. lovely post..curry looks great ..

    ReplyDelete

Thank You so much for visiting here. I would love to hear from you , please leave a comment or suggestion and Hope to see you again !