Mar 26, 2012

Chocolate Pudding

Hello my lovely readers. Hope you all are having a great time wherever you are! I was having some issues with blogger due to which I couldn't blog for so many days and also full time work, a sick baby and regular chores has been taking up most of my time :-)

Chocolate Pudding, the ultimate comfort food in Desserts!! Do you agree???
I personally love it both warm and chilled and my all time favorite flavor is ...no doubt...Chocolate!!
Well that being said, would you believe that this is the very first pudding I ever made and the only reason to do so was to finish off 1 cup of heavy cream that I had left over. Actually the original recipe calls for whole milk or 2% mils milk , but I dint have either , so I used a combination of Skim milk with Heavy cream :-)

I took the pudding recipe from Ria's recipe here as hers was the only one I could find for a small quantity and her recipe was easy peezy. The only changes I made was I added extra cocoa powder for a deeper chocolate flavor and used skim milk+heavy cream for the milk in her recipe, and it was perfect, creamy and chocolaty !! 

Chocolate Pudding Recipe
You'll need
Milk - 1.5 cups ( I used 1 cup heavy cream + 1/2  cup skim milk)
Sugar - 1 cup ( you can regulate depending on the sweetness you prefer)
Cornstarch / Cornflour - 1 tblsp (I used cornstarch)
Cocoa powder - 4 tblsp ( original recipe- 3tblsp)
Vanilla essence - 1tsp

Directions:
1. In a saucepan, boil together all the ingredients except for vanilla essence until the sauce thickens.
2. Add in the vanilla once the mixture has cooled.
3. Pour into ramekins or desired dessert bowls.
Suggestions:
a. If serving chilled, cover the ramekins or dessert bowls with a plastic wrap (touching the surface of the pudding to avoid forming a layer) and refrigerate for few hours. 
b. You can also serve this pudding slightly warm (personal choice)
Tips:
To avoid any lumps in the pudding, mix or whisk together the cocoa powder and cornstarch with little milk until all lumps are removed before adding to the entire mixture before boiling. 
I made this mistake by adding everything in together and my pudding was filled with little chocolaty lumps, which we both enjoyed by the way ;-) 
The pudding was really good , I couldn't wait till the pudding was chilled, so I enjoyed a bit while it was warm. Manish waited patiently until it was chilled and really enjoyed it. My little one was very curious while I was taking the snaps and had to be constantly distracted to keep him away from my pudding ;-)  
I used Raspberries to decorate , but I found the ones I bought having too much hair on it, which I dint like much (atleast on the pic), but what to do, I din't make them :-)
This was like the easiest dessert I have ever made and the tastiest too, mayb that was coz I din't have to spend hours preparing it, by which time I would be too tired to enjoy what I made ;-) Try it out , you'll see what I mean.

-Manju

13 comments:

  1. That looks simple yet delicious! Would try it soon! happy to follow u! you have a neat blog with unique recipes! Do visit my new blog :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply mouthwatering... Love it... Beautiful pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. totally going mad on it .. awesome .. and loiking so tempty too..wow ..thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Choco pudding looks awesome, lovely pics. This sounds really ezee to prepare :-)
    On Going Event The Kerala Kitchen @Cook-Ezee

    ReplyDelete
  5. This pudding looks really perfect!! Your pictures are really great... I wish I could just pull a bowl out of the screen and enjoy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. thats a yummy yum pudding..nice clicks :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks really interesting manju. Glad to follow u. Do visit my blog when you get time :)
    http://lavanyasrecipes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very delectable and easy-to-make Chocolate pudding recipe! I would love to try it out during the upcoming weekend. I actually plan to prepare this for the 2016 New Year family get togther party. It would be great if you could help me with the ingredient proportions for a group of 15 people. I am in love with your recipes and also plan to bake the Christmas Fruit/Plum cake based on your recipe this December. I paln to begin the dry fruit soaking process mostly next weekend :D.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You so much for visiting here. I would love to hear from you , please leave a comment or suggestion and Hope to see you again !