Mar 12, 2012

Thai Fish Balls with Lime-Cilantro Mayo dip , an awesome WIN and 10,000+ hits people!!!

But first let me talk about what I won :-) I'm so excited about getting it and I have to be kicked for not mentioning it the day I came to know about it.



It hasn't been long since I have been following Anzz @ Anzzcafe.com , who has a gorgeous blog and lovely words for everyone who leaves her a comment. I was infact amazed by the fact that she individually replies to each and every comment she gets. She was hosting her very first event, a special on Valentines Day and had a giveaway too :-) and guess what was her giveaway prize....The first book of the first Masterchef of India, Pankaj Bhadouria and I won it, Yippeeeeee !!!
:-D You can check out the details here ans she got such a beautiful round of entries...
We also got this beautiful Paticipation Award! Thank you so much Anzz, and you all must give her blog a look, you'll love it!

Oh! and as I'm writing this post I noticed this little space of mine has crossed 10,000+ hits!!! THANK YOU , all of you, for all your support and interest here and definitely I will be partying with you guys by coming up with more and more interesting dishes!! I know this calls for a celebration and we shall, soon....
Now continuing with my Valentines Dinner specials, here is this superb dish which I found online and it can be served as an appetizer or prepared as a main course ,Thai Fish Balls! The name says it all. Actually the original recipe was for Thai fish cakes, but I just jazzed it up a bit and made small balls and served them with cute little toothpicks inserted in each for easy eating :-) 


Thai Fish Balls Recipe
Recipe source : Delia Online
You'll need
Any white fish (Cod, Tilapia, Catfish)-  1 lb (cut into chunks)
Fresh Corriander leaves  - 2-3 level tblsp 
Fresh Lime juice - 1 tblsp 
Spring Onions - 2 , very finely sliced into rounds (including the green parts)
Thai Red Curry Paste  - 2 heaped tblsp (I used store bought) 
Green Chilli -1 ,de-seeded ( you can use more if you like more spice)
Oil for frying (Peanut oil recommended) - I used Canola
Salt - to taste
Directions:
1.Simply place the chunks of fish, the coriander leaves, lime juice, spring onions, curry paste, chilli and a little salt in a food processor and pulse ( or mildly blend ) till you have a nice minced texture (don't blend it to a purée)  
2.Transfer to a mixing bowl. If needed use your hands to mix everything well.
3. Next take tablespoon sizes of the mixture and form them into balls, squeezing the mixture together. 
4. When all the fish balls are ready, put them on to a plate, cover with clingfilm or plastic wrap and leave them in the fridge for a couple of hours to firm up.
5. Heat oil in a deep pan, and once hot enough, fry each fish ball until nice and golden brown.


Lime-Cilantro Mayo Dip Recipe
Recipe source : My own
You'll need:
Mayonnaise - 1 cup ( I used light Mayo)
Lime juice - 2 or 3 tblsp (make sure the Mayo does not get too watery)
Fresh crushed Black Pepper - 1/2 tsp
Fresh Cilantro (thinly chopped) - 2 tblsp 
Salt - to taste
Directions:
Mix together all the ingredients and make sure its still creamy and seasoned well.


Don't they look so cute :-) This recipe is a keeper and you must try it!
Its a really easy dish and I'm sure you can try as many variations as you want, as long as it compliments with the fish. I used Cod fish, you can use Tilapia / Catfish as per you wish. And the dipping sauce was entirely my idea, I dint have time to prepare any extraordinary Thai dipping sauce, so went for a simple and good old Mayo sauce (I'm sure you can substitute Mayo with Sour Cream or even Yogurt). You must and you will definitely try this, its tangy, creamy, peppery and oh so fresh with the cilantro!!

The combination of the two was so good that Manish literally inhaled this dish and it was his most favorite among all the other dishes I served that night!!
I just can't wait to get a hold of that book I've won...I have read a lot of great reviews about her recipes and I simply can't wit to try some :-)


See you again soon!!!


-Manju

6 comments:

  1. Very delicious n yummy yum fish balls..
    You can link this to my event,dear..
    Congrats on all your awards,Wish you many more..

    Cook in any recipe with "Cilantro /Cumin & Just link in EP Series-Cilantro /Cumin Event

    Erivum Puliyum

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look really fantastic Manju!! Congratulations on hitting 10,000+!! :)I love your recipes.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on hitting 10,000+ Manju! These fish balls look really great. YUM! Love your recipes.

    PS.. sorry if I posted this twice... I wasn't sure the first comment took. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on hitting 10000+!! U have a wonderful space.. Happy to follow u.. Do visit my space in your free time.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on ur win and wishing you many more. Fish balls looks super tempting n yumm :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank You so much for visiting here. I would love to hear from you , please leave a comment or suggestion and Hope to see you again !