Hello friends, today we are again doing a lovely guest post and this time Priya of Cook like Priya has graciously obliged to share with us one of her yummy creations.
I had recently done a guest post for Priya, you can check it out here. She is such a friendly person, and was really apologetic for delaying this guest post, though I feel that there couldn't have been a better time to share her yummy looking Chocolate Fudge.
I won't take more of your time, so here's Priya and her gorgeous melt-in-your-mouth, drool worthy Chocolate Fudge recipe with nuts...
Who said 'Diamonds are a girls best friend?' I say its 'Chocolates' :-)...You give me chocolates then I am all happy. So when Manju Nair from Manju's Eating Delights asked me to do a guest post I simply knew something Chocolate.
Manju is a good friend and a fellow blogger and we do exchange conversations and its really nice to find some good friends from blogsphere. Thank you so much Manju for giving me this opportunity to cook for your blog and your readers. I simply loved doing this recipe for you. Its a simple melt in your mouth chocolaty fudge, that is totally delicious and nutty too.
This dark chocolate and nut fudge is simple to put together and is a lovely treat to giveaway or relish, the only time required is to let it set. So make it in advance and also keep it refrigerated to enjoy for those sweet tooth moments. I have used full of dark chocolate since I love love it, you can use half n half of dark and milk chocolate or even use entirely white chocolate. Basically you can play with ingredients but keep the base with condensed milk and butter.
Dark Chocolate Nut Fudge Recipe
Makes ~ 20 small-medium squares
Prep time ~ 10 mins
Refrigeration time ~ overnight/ minimum 8 hours
1 can of sweetened condensed milk (I used Nestle)
1 and 1/2 cup of coarsely chopped dark chocolate/choco chips
1 cup chopped pistachio & cashew
2 tbsp unsalted butter
1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Line a 1 Lb loaf tin or 4*4 square tin with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a bowl combine chocolate chips/ chopped chocolate, butter, condensed milk keep this bowl over gently simmering water, such that the bowl does not touch the water.
- Using a wooden spatula keep stirring until the chocolate mixture is sully melted. After 4-5 minutes the mixture would thicken, now add the vanilla extract and mix well.
- Switch off the stove and add the nuts and mix well until well combined.
- Tip the chocolate mixture into the prepared tin and let it cool down for 1 hour
- Cover it with cling film and refrigerate overnight to harden
- Chop into pieces before serving and keep the rest refrigerated.
- use parchment / baking paper to line the tin as its more easy to remove the fudge, silver foil tears easily and its hard to remove it from the fudge
- use good quality dark chocolate for better taste- I used Lindt 70% dark, you can use a combination of milk and dark chocolate too.
- you can use your preferred nuts and even raisins
- refrigeration is important else the chocolate can tend to melt and not give perfect squares
Once again thank you so much Priya, for this awesome post and I hope you all enjoyed drooling over these chocolaty fudgy sqaures as much as I did and the recipe is so easy with all very simple everyday ingredients. I bet I'm gonna try this soon and I totally encourage you all to do the same well!
Wish I could just snatch a bite off my screen :-) Have a lovely day you guys!